Tuesday, February 10, 2009

GTD

Ever have one of those days where you feel like you are getting a lot of things done and making a difference? Today has nearly, but not quite, been like that. A student thanked me for bending a flexible rule (reserving a kitchen on short notice) by bringing me homemade cookies and brownies. The co-curricular meeting I was in this morning was actually quite productive, and I've started working with my supervisor to plan something really cool for next fall. On the other hand, one of my students blew me off for an appointment (over lunch, no less), and I am blogging from work, so it is obvious I have a free minute or twelve.

Today I logged into the library's website and reserved a couple of books. I requested Junot Diaz's book of short stories, and the first two volumes of John Updike's Rabbit series. Reading all about Updike's unfortunate passing inspired me to read some of his classic novels. When I was in 12th grade, we read the short story A&P in class. It is a great story about a teenage clerk in a grocery store who sticks up for a female customer whom the manager wants to throw out of the store because she is not dressed appropriately. What I remember best about this story was that I read it out loud to the class, and it was a little bit risque so I got to ham it up a little.

A confession about my library usage: I am so terribly lazy that even if a book is sitting on the shelf in Patee or Paterno, I always ask to pick it up at the Arts and Architecture library in Stuckmann Building, even though that means I get the books 2 or 3 days later. Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger