Monday, March 16, 2009

The weekend that was

Jess and I had another very good weekend crammed full of movies and general laziness. On Saturday night we watched Changling, which was surprisingly better than I anticipated. I thought it would be OK, and it was actually very good. I am not a huge Angelina Jolie fan (I don't get the appeal in the slightest), but she was excellent in this movie (although arguably even Bea Arthur could have shouted "That's not my son!" 60 times and elicited an emotional response). I liked Clint Eastwood's directing very much. It looked like a very old-school film, and I didn't know much about the story other than the switched identity angle, so it kept me on the edge of my seat.

On Sunday, we went to see The Last House on the Left. My disinterest in horror films is well documented, but Rashaad wanted to see this one so we agreed to go. I must say, I actually really enjoyed it (aside from the pretty awful rape scene). I liked how ridiculous it got, and how you could basically throw out common sense and root for the good guys, even if the good guys were throwing someone down a garbage disposal. One major issue: I couldn't get past the lead bad guy (2nd from the left) looking a lot like Bill Hader.

The NCAA Tournament is soon to be underway, and I was very disappointed that Penn State got snubbed. On one hand, I kind of get it (they certainly should have beat Purdue in the Big Ten Tournament to lock up a space), but on the other hand they had a good Big Ten record and beat almost everyone ahead of them in the conference. They were definitely more worth than Arizona, and probably Minnesota too. They are a #2 seed in the NIT, but that is hard to care about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger