Friday, August 28, 2009

The weekend's here! Have a can of beer!

This evening Jess, Rashaad, Tracy, and I went to the Texas Roadhouse for supper. We are all coming off of 13 consecutive days of work with all sorts of arrival craziness, and I think we deserved to cut loose and have a delicious, non-dining hall meal. Everyone had steaks, and everyone complained a little bit about their food babies as they left the restaurant. I had a NY strip steak smothered with onions, mushrooms, and Jack cheese. Tom Colicchio would probably call that an abomination, but for me it was seriously tasty. It was a good evening.

On the way to dinner, we stopped at FedEx to mail some football tickets that we sold through Stubhub. I spent 10 minutes in the place, and ended up not shipping them because FedEx was out of both labels and receipt tape. A FedEx that is unable to ship items is like a Starbucks without coffee cups. I declare that the FedEx on the corner of Atherton and College Ave. is the worst FedEx in all of the land.

Plans for the weekend include. but are not limited to: watching season 2 of "Flight of the Conchords," sleeping in, helping Jess w/ her dinner club meeting on Sunday, and getting some reading done for school. I am so glad to have a real weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger